Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Third time's a charm

Harry has still not been to San Francisco.

I know. Maximum lame of us.

We have had 2 attempts that didn't really COUNT.

Attempt #1: Alameda Ferry Trip

Our ward has a trip every fall where everyone meets at Giant's Stadium in San Francisco (note the word "meets." As in, meets in a parking lot. Not an official San Francisco experience) and take a ferry over to Alameda, a beautiful city that sits on the water and is also not San Francisco.
That isn't to say it wasn't beautiful! We had a glorious time going through the neighborhoods where the water flows to make a river for all the backyards. Everyone even has little boats tied up behind their houses. We walked along the water to get lunch. These neighborhoods are also teeming with ducks, one of which in particular Harry was particularly fond of.

As we walked by Giant's stadium I attempted to snap a picture of the team at a press conference. If only I was a Giant's fan.


Ferrying.


Walking in the River Wonderland. I mean, suburbs.

Harry's favorite duck-- complete with afro and attitude.

Snapshot of Alameda. That's San Fran BEHIND us (this picture vaguely showcases my freshly cut bangs, but not really). Also a snapshot of hot man with glasses.

Attempt #2:

Driving to San Francisco last Saturday. We left our apartment at 11:20 am, and returned at 1:45 pm, never once getting out of the car. Did we know before we left that there would be an airshow by the Blue Angels that day and that the entire city would be in parking-lot-mode traffic, with not one actual parking spot to be found? Nee-yope. We did listen to quite a lot of Harry Nilsson, though. And I did manage to get one picture from the car. A noteworthy San Francisco discovery.Harrison Street. Where hot blonde men are a-plenty, I'm sure. My camera died shortly after this picture. Just as well, I suppose.

Attempt #3: The Ron-and-Tene-Reynolds attempt.

More to come on that... soon. Rest assured, we will actually spend time in that city, apart from cars/parking lots.

Not to fear, San Fran! We will prevail!

2 comments:

J McO (change later) said...

Amy, must I jujitsu my ma?

(There's the palindrome. Now I want some of those extra points.)

Anyway, I just wanted to say it was so kickin' rad to see you guys again. I just love/am wild about both of you. And Harry, I'm especially wild about that goatstache.

S.A.R. said...

you SO win every point i had stocked up.

unfortunately the goatstache is no longer with us. you must do your best to hold tight to the goatstache way of life, before it is forgotten.