Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gals.

I remember when 6th grade ended, my best friend told me, "You know, when we get to Junior High, I don't think we'll be friends anymore." This kind of thing can happen a lot with adolescent girls, and needless to say it wasn't a shining moment in my youth. I was perplexed and hurt, and thought to myself, "Huh. Okay."

Luckily, that summer I met three girls (one of whom I hadn't seen since preschool) who quickly became the best bosom buddies I could have asked for. Since then we've been inseparable. The awkward stages and first dates and proms and Girl's Camps and Youth Conferences and college adventures, etc. have been infinitely more fun because of them. They're the shiz. I love them to rather tiny pieces.

In high school it was easy to hop on a bike and meet up at one of our houses. Now that marriage/babies/mortgages/jobs have entered the picture, reunions have been few and far between-- our weddings have been the main sources of seeing each other over the past few years. A few weeks ago, the stars/our schedules aligned, and we managed to meet up for the day in San Diego. And it was heaven.









We were ambitious in our planning and thought we'd go to lunch, go swimming, get pedicures, and go shopping. We quickly realized that it felt so good to just sit, talk, play with the babies, and laugh until we were crying, that the only thing we really made time for over the 7 hours we spent together was lunch at California Pizza Kitchen/Golden Spoon.

I think heaven would be one giant cul-de-sac in which all the people I loved had houses together. Oh, and our backyards would all be connected. And our backyards would also be a beach. And also, Golden Spoon frozen yogurt was free. And also, pedicures.

2 comments:

Karina said...

Oh how I love you and miss you my Sarah Friend! You know, when I moved to Corona someone told me to forget about my Irvine friends because they won't last...and look at us now! I couldn't ask for better best friends! You all make me so happy and I wouldn't trade you for the world! Thank you for making the trek to San Diego...Meg and I will come up next time :)

Tiffany said...

It really was SO much fun! I miss you all so much! I can't wait until our next get together. Oh Sare Bare... I miss you!