Thursday, June 23, 2011

Eaton Park

I just remembered this and thought I should share. In the name of being an Eaton, and all.

On Memorial Day, I got a hankering to go on a hike. There are so many beautiful hikes around Palo Alto, and I happened upon one on the internet that was about 10 miles away from our apartment called "Eaton Park." Seriously. I took it as a sign.

It was about 3.4 miles round trip, and it took us through a dense, lush, hilly forest on a deserted path. It was the perfect way to spend Memorial Day morning/afternoon (and left us enough time to get home so Harry could work on some finals).



The view.



Smiles all around.



Trying to get a cool action shot of me blowing on the huge dandelion. Failing miserably.



Halfway point (which took us into the suburbs, and then back into the wilderness again).



The path was riddled with banana slugs. And I mean RIDDLED. At least they're a pretty color.



All finished.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One banana slug is cool, but a banana slug path infestation is gross. I thought those things were only in the rain forests. Looks like fun, though.