Thursday, May 14, 2009

Photographs of Non-Inspiration

When I was studying in London years ago (oh all those 3 years ago), there was a running joke in our group. In that group was one of my good friends-- for the purpose of this post, we shall call her MCB. MCB joked that one day, when she got married, she would have a "ghetto wedding." It would out-ghetto all other events in history. I think I recall a plan to even have a contest at the wedding-- whoever found the piece of shrapnel in their piece of wedding cake won a prize. Which would be something like a broken flip flop or a cassette copy of Paula Abdul's "Shut up and dance."
Anyway. We are not having a ghetto wedding (and, I must add, MCB didn't have a ghetto wedding either. Her wedding was beautiful and classic).
Well.
I am a Google Images Aficianado. And I simply HAD to get some "would-be ghetto wedding" pictures out there for the world to see. Just so we all know what kind of wedding we won't be having.




The Camo-Tux


The wedding cake comprised of Hostess Ding Dongs

The bridesmaid dresses rented from nearby Ballroom Dance studio.

There you have it. You can all count on those things NOT being a part of the big day. So rest at ease.

I may however hide something special in the wedding cake. But not shrapnel. Something classy, like a kazoo or a G.I. Joe.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

realllllly? the ding dong cake oozes classiness. just think about it.

Shar said...

Yeah Sar Bear!! I love that we can now stay connected through the world wide web.. fantastic!! Ok, I know one someone (my Brian) who would definitely appreciate the hidden G.I. Joe! Do that! And I just invited you to the Howell's Private Party.. check your email.

Sarah said...

I was thoroughly annoyed there was no ghetto wedding. I ate several pieces of wedding cake trying to find shrapnel. I am now in training to find the GI Joe.

elizabeth said...

The bride and groom look like they're getting a divorce on the ding-dong cake.

elizabeth said...

By the way, if you do have a contest at your wedding, I really really really want to win.

Sarah said...

I'll make is something you will easily win, Elizabeth. We'll have a dance-off or a quilt-making competition. You're a shoe in for the grand prize.

Stephanie said...

i should have done it. i should have done the ghetto wedding. i would have, but my mother kept insisting that i would regret it later in life.

two years of marriage later, and i'm still filled with longing for a ghetto wedding. sigh. a vow renewal perhaps?