Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Sarrison download.

The last few weeks have been busy!

I've been really blessed to be able to find work-- since the company I worked for since we moved here dissolved, I've only had about 2 total weeks of unemployment. I'm currently working nearby in Mountain View and I'm really enjoying it! I'm on a recruiting team for a technology start-up company, something I'd never done before. It's so funny to look across the room at the Assistant/Receptionist's desk and identify so much more with what she's doing, and yet I have my own completely different projects that I work on. It's been a nice change.

Other notables: We saw. The. Paul. Simon. In. San. Francisco.





Memborable songs: "The Sound of Silence," "The Only Living Boy In New York," "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover," "Still Crazy After All These Years," and the song that I haven't been able to get out of my head since the concert, "Dazzling Blue."

We went kayaking at Shoreline Park with some Law School friends. It reminded me how weak I am, mainly because of the sheer amount of sweat I produced while rowing.




We were also able to skip down to Irvine at the last second for Merzy's delicious little baby's blessing. I was so thrilled I got to spend a few days with Jude. He's such a dreamy and loving baby. Bonus: Because Harry's brother married my sister's husband's sister (it's aaaaall very confusing), we got to see some extra Reynolds and Hayes people, which is always a magical delight.
















The weekend included copious amounts of snuggling, giggling, biking, morning walks, South Coast Plaza (we always-- ALWAYS-- meet up by See's Candy in my family, as evidenced in the pictures), and a flatbread pizza concoction made by my Dad that involved grilled fennel, eggplant, pork, dill, celery seed, and heaven.

Also, we made another blueberry pie for the Ward Bake-Off! It's the recipe that we swear by- so good you almost have to repent for it. And no, it didn't place (probably just as well. My inordinate amount of baking pride needed a good leveling)-- not even 4th or 5th place. More pie for us, sucka!




That is it. In a nutshell. Things here are winding down, and we're getting ready for our summer of love in LA where we'll get to be neighbors/party with these kids! Woooooooot!




I'm ready to stop blogging now. XO.

4 comments:

Sydney said...

You both have such beautiful families! And dare I say, you look good with a baby Sarah! I'm glad San Fran is treating you guys so well.

S.A.R. said...

Thank you Sydney! I want to meet your little girl so badly! It's sad but I'm wondering if the soonest I see you will be at Christmas?

Alisha said...

The pie judgers made a mistake. The pie looks like a mother pulled it out of the oven with her apron and sprinkled on a little love. I love blueberry pie. Will you make it for me? If you say yes, be for real, don't play with me.

S.A.R. said...

Alisha, I will totally make it for you. 100%. I think we'll only get to see you guys for like 24 hours at the family reunion :(. So we'll have to squeeze it in then (and keep it a secret between us, because I don't think we should have to share! Muah ha ha ha ha ha!).