Monday, October 10, 2011

Dialogue: "The Princess Bride" reunion

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Harry played this video for both of us.  About halfway through, this was our conversation.

Me: Oh man, I love this movie.  I used to watch this on every birthday when I was a kid.
Harry: (shocked expression) I used to watch this movie every birthday when I was a kid.
Me: ...What?  Really?
Harry: Yeah.
Me: Huh.  I thought it was kind of a girl movie.  I mean, I had princess party sleepovers.  This is what we watched.  Every year.
Harry: What?  No way, it's a guy movie.  There's one girl in it.  The rest of it is sword fighting and swash buckling and stuff.
Me: The title is "The Princess....  Bride."
Harry: Yeah, but it's a boy movie.
Me: (expression says, "boy, you trippin'") Ehhh...
Harry: Boy movie.
Me: Agree to disagree.

Either way, watch the clip.  It'll remind you of why you loved being alive in the late 80's/early 90's, and make you wonder why Robin Wright did that to her pretty hair, and make you sad that Andre the Giant is no longer alive.

4 comments:

meagan said...

I used to watch it every year on Canadian Thanksgiving. So I am watching this most definite GIRL movie today! (:

Mags said...

Love you and love Harry, but really I have to agree with Hal. it's a boy movie meant to make girls want to like boy movies. I loved-wait love it, especially the huge rat-gerbil-chinchila monster in the sand traps. (but i was a bit of a tomboy then....) Love and miss you both

Megan said...

Ummm you are both wrong bc as a child I thoght this was a horror movie. I was terrified of the ROUS's and I never understood why my dad laughed so hard. I recently watched it again and figured out it was a comedy. Hahaha! I love this movie and what a great clip! Thanks for sharing!!

Alisha said...

Loved the movie, thanks for sharing the clip. My favorite line, "Wesley, why won't you hold me?" "Gently!!"