Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thoughts

So, I checked out Pinterest.

It took me a while because at first, they made me request an invite, and I was like, "Psh, cha right."  I do not request invites to internet websites.  It felt weird.  But then my sister Merzy kept saying, "No.  Seriously.  Try it."  And she sent me an invite.  I was still skeptical.

And then Merzy MADE me a recipe for lunch from a recipe she found on Pinterest.  And it was AMAZING (I think this was it).  And still I pooh-poohed the whole thing.

And then I finally gave in one day because it seems like the best ideas all trace back to Pinterest.

So, now I have another addiction habit.  To yet another internet based network of people/ideas/things.  It is mostly under control, though.

I do have a few thoughts about it.

1) I think Pinterest should be renamed "Things Rich People Do With Their Houses."

2) Or it could be renamed "The Clothing Rich and Trim Girls Wear On City Streets."

Those were actually my only thoughts about Pinterest.  My other current unrelated thoughts include (but are not limited to) the following:

1) I've started painting my nails.  Yes.  Fingers and toes.  I've come a long way, baby.  I actually went to a local CVS and picked out nail polish.  I'm up to 6 colors now.  And I think it's going very well.  Currently I have a peachy nude color on my finger nails and a deep plum on my toes.  I'm so happy I finally arrived to the "pail nolish" party.



2) NaNoWriMo is going smoothly.  Somewhat.

3) I have a new job that has me pretty excited.  The very promise of paychecks makes me want to sing the following:



4) We have started watching "The West Wing."  Meaning, we've been getting the DVDs on Netflix.  When this show was on TV and I was in high school, I used to watch every episode with my Dad.  This was when Tivo was a new fangled thing, and my Dad would pause it periodically to explain the show's finer points.  And while Martin Sheen/the dialogue can be irritating, I love watching this show all over again.  My favorite episode is still "In Excelsis Deo," season 10, episode 1.  And now that it's almost Christmas time (is it yet?), I can watch it with even more enjoyment.

5) For reasons I cannot explain, I now want this haircut.



After I finally got my hair as long as I want it.  This I cannot explain.

6) I cooked with rosemary tonight and my apartment still smells like it.  So many random smells find their way through our vents, it's nice to have a smell that we chose lingering in the air.

7) I have a most excellent husband.  And that makes me one seriously lucky duck.

And on that note, peace out.

3 comments:

Whits said...

1. I am now following you on pitnerest!

2. I painted my nails on saturday night!

3. Yes on the classic sesame street!

4. !!!

Megan said...

Pinterest is the best!! So glad you are on it! You are too cute Sarah! Miss you.

Jessica said...

I feel the same way about Pinterest. I dragged my feet forever, and now I find myself there every day. I was trying to think up another name for Pinterest, but a) I am so not as witty as you and b) you nailed it on the head. Maybe when I am rich, famous, and skinnier, and own more than a 1996 Honda, all my pinned dreams will come true.