Wednesday, February 29, 2012

That's sew hot right now.

I saw this on Pinterest a while back and thought I'd be adventurous.
Source: flickr.com via Sarah on Pinterest

So I went to the nearby (scary) Ross and found an XL men's sweatshirt for $4.99 and bought it.
Before
I used a favorite fleece jacket as a guide and trimmed down the arms.

Then, I psyched myself out and got very very afraid that I wasn't going to do this very well at all and I put everything in a bag and put that bag in my closet.

 Then, my sainted mother came to town, and helped me finish this baby in a few hours.
After
Then I saw another thing on Pinterest-- heart shaped elbow patches.
We each hand-stitched one on.  While "Downton" played.  That detail was very important.  Overall, this was the best $6 investment of all time.

After the After

(Here I am with a little Tae Bo action for all you Billy Blanks enthusiasts out there)

2 comments:

Karina said...

Great job! I've seen that on Pinterest as well and I was too afraid to attempt. I also love your hair! It's getting so long.

Alisha said...

I've always wanted to do a sweater--> cardigan transform. Love the heart patches.