Tuesday, November 16, 2010

This is what happens when I surf the internet/start writing a post with zero direction.

I waste inordinate amounts of time, but happen upon some really funky fresh stuff.



Also, can I just say something really irrelevant? Of course I can, it's my blog, sucka.

I'm participating in NaNoWriMo, which stands for National Novel Writing Month. My sister in law (who herself is the sum of all awesomeness) told me about it a year ago. You sign up and in the month of November, write a novel. It could be the lousiest thing ever written, but if it's 50,000+ words and you submit it before midnight on Nov. 30, you win. Or rather, everyone who does so wins. We all win. Win win win. Win.

The story would be a complete snooze and a joke to all who read it-- it's totally quantity over quality. But I have gotten to the point where this inane story is sort of starting to write itself. And this pleases my wee brain.

As I write this, Harry is making a "best of" Beatles mix and I'm hearing clips of songs of my childhood. Life is nice.

4 comments:

Mike Lau said...

Is this Beatles mix in honor of their catalog entering the digital world today? Also I'd love to get a copy of this mix.

Carrie said...

mmm i sure love me some beatles.

ps- what does everyone win?

S.A.R. said...

Mike- Yes it is! Or rather, he was meaning to compile it for a long time, and now has an excellent excuse. I think it's a pretty good mix. We'll be SURE you get a copy. :)

Carrie- Well, you win a pat on the back, and a certificate saying you did it. And you can buy a t-shirt for $15. It's pretty swanky. :)

Julie said...

I am now seriously considering colored pencil decor on my wall.