Monday, January 17, 2011

Recents

Good evening, and welcome back to the 2011 edition of “Sarrison’s Life: a study in the habits and lifestyles of nerdy people.”

It’s been a long time, internet. So much has happened since we last convened. Christmas came and went and so many fun things happened sandwiched in the middle of it all.

That said it was nice to come back to PA.

I went to a Royal Ball (aka Baby Shower):





Also, 90% of my Christmas pictures are on Facebook, which I still have deactivated (I’m completely over withdrawals), so I snuck on and stole them from my sprightly SIL (thank you Sal, my gal pal).

For Christmas, we had about two weeks to play with, so we drove to both of our parents’ homes, about evenly splitting the time. We figured we’d have about 22 hours of driving time total over the two weeks so we downloaded “Speaker for the Dead” to listen to in the car. The book itself was fine, but I cannot figure out for the life of me why he has the same people narrate his audio books. A few of their reading voices make me want to plug my ears and sing the theme to “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” at the top of my voice. I’ve resolved to read whatever Orson Scott Card book I want in the future to spare myself the frustration.

We spent time in Irvine with Cam, my parents, and Jeffedith (I refer to them as one unit). Here is the picture I took during that time—Cam in front of a house that was lit up all fancylike in Balboa a few nights before Christmas. My family likes to take night walks there at Christmas time, usually accompanied by my brother and Dad playing the bag pipes. This time they nixed the pipes and we just meandered.



Then we drove to fabulous Las Veeeeeeeegaaaaaaaaas (sung like the Brandon Flowers song). Here are the snatched Facebook pictures to prove it (E, I'm so sad I don't have pictures from hanging out at your house! Next time!)!

Something extra memorable was getting to see my brother-in-law’s fiancée get baptized. I’m really excited to have her in the fam, not only because she’s really fun to talk to and hang out with, but because she’s creative and inspiring and really soulful. Yep. I’m excited.

**I'm fighting a nasty cold and do not have the mental capacity nor the physical energy required to put these in chronological order, so you're going to experience some time-whiplash. Sucka.



Caroling w/ Reynoldsies.



M and A, top notch snugglers.



Christmas morning. New Christmas clothes have a funny effect on Harry.



Serenade a la SNL by Hal, Joe, Mac, Dan, and Will.



Cindy + A, me looking hazy in the background.



Sarahs.



Christmas morning (my first ever not spent at my parent's house. It was delightful in all the particulars!).



Just arrived in Irvine from Palo Alto, exhausted, happy to be watching something Christmas-like with some Eaton brood peeps.



Yoga ball. Those pants I'm wearing? Harry's high school track and field pants. I felt like MC Hammer.



Here we are in Irvine where we got to spend some QT with Annie/Go/R/M/O at the park!




That's it. I'm hungry. Peace.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

i think these posts are so hard to write. the pictures, the words, the remembering. yikes. i salute you and your excellent postings and even just the ability you have to post hard posts. you are amazing.

S.A.R. said...

Thank you! That is so nice to hear that it's not just hard for me. You are amazing yourself!