Monday, June 8, 2009

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends.

A little ways back I went down to San Diego to visit two of this earth's most fabulous ladies. I consider myself really lucky because I've always had deliciously fun and giggly girlfriends. While it would be PERFECT if all my women lived within a stone's throw of my house, I had a most righteous time with Karina and Megan.

Amid all the giggling, spa hopping, bargain shopping, pizza snarfing, and two minutes of sleeping, we managed to remember to take one picture.



For a wee comparison (and because the pre-real-life-responsibility-glow and toothy grins of this picture pretty accurately capture the quirkiness of my high school days), behold:

All Hallow's Eve 2002.

Ah, middle parts and glitter. The markings of a hip chick in them days, Halloween or not.

The one thing I wished was that more of my most relished girls might have shared in the glory! Until any future reunions I must content myself to stare into a computer screen at fuzzy images of the past.

Until then.

1 comment:

Karina said...

Oh I just LOVE this post! We did have a great childhood...love you and miss you!