Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bro

What is it about General Conference that makes me so excited for my brother to come home already?



When the number of missionaries serving in the world was read over the pulpit, I burst out with "One less missionary in two months, boys!"

I have the sweetest, kindest, best brother in the world.

(I'm talking about Eaton brothers here, not Reynolds brothers or guys who married my sisters... they are entirely different things, because only this Eaton brother actually endured the childhood/adolescent pandemonium of his sisters and managed to become a normal person.)

Since he left 22 months ago, his absence has been apparent at every family gathering. But it's all been worth it, and he'll be home before you can say "Where's my freakin' nametag?!"

Only this brother was sweet and thoughtful enough to bring me a Mango Mantra 3x a week with his Dining Plus card without being asked, go boogie boarding with me on Saturday mornings, to jump in the car with me and drive to California with 5 minutes warning for a weekend break from school, to wake up with me at 6 am to make the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot, to teach me how to drive stick when I couldn't get it down from anyone else, and to always be my partner in crime.

And, according to Joe Garlock, he's the white Jay-Z, which is like a HUGE bonus.

And through every discouraging experience on his mission, every week his emails always include some obscure line from Season 2 of "The Office" that sends me into hysterics.

61 days and counting.

6 comments:

Meredith Hayes said...

I second everything you just wrote! He is the dearest, most wonderful thing that could have tap tap tapperoo-ed off our famileeeeeee!

He'll come back and we will love and feed him. I actually imagine him taking a trip to palo alto and sinking his teeth into the deep fryer!!

[AnnieR] said...

I love that you have added yet another post to your "Joe Garlock" label.

And yes, if you check the time on this comment, I am writing it during the afternoon session of Sunday's conference. Multi-tasking: it's what I do.

S.A.R. said...

Now that we have the label for Joe, how can we NOT use it? I find myself searching for ways to throw it in.

Margaret said...

Can't believe he is almost home. Now he can come home and find his own Beyonce and lay down some tracks. We need someone to bring the Mormon rap back.

Karina said...

I know how you feel! Cliff will be home this summer and I can't wait. There's nothing like little brothers.

Elizabeth Jex said...

Cam....CAAAAAAM!