Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Administrative Assistant's Day!

This is the very first gift I have ever been given based solely on my job status. I'll take it.

Behold: the Gardenia Bonsai. I had a coworker get this picture with my non-iPhone.



How did they know I can't get enough of gardenias? And that I wore one in my hair on my wedding day just so I could smell it the whole day and now strongly associate the two?

My guess is ESP, but they're claiming "lucky guess." Whatever.

I will now be googling "Bonsai care" during my free moments. So far I have learned that it is a dwarf variety of Gardenia jasminoides, and is a low growing evergreen plant that bears white fragrant blossoms from late spring through summer. Just in case any of you botany enthusiasts out there happen upon this blog, you'll know that I at least have the scientific name down.

Until next April 21st, fellow clerical workers... ASSIST ON!

3 comments:

Whits said...

Oh I love gardenias too! My favorite flower fragrance! I had a bunch of them in my bouquet on my wedding day and I just kept smelling my flowers all day :)

Happy Admin day! I just got my assistant an orchid and now i'm tempted to buy one for myself -- make my office a little less depressing

S.A.R. said...

I highly recommend it. It smells so heavenly in here!

Carrie said...

i LOVE gardenias...and bonsais! i'm SO jealous!