Tuesday, June 8, 2010

24 lit candles stuck in a baked good = fire hazard.

I'm 24 now.

This year, I had a delicious birthday.

At work I was given a mini chocolate cake and a card, and my boss dazzled me with his vocal stylings of "Happy Birthday." My darling Aunt who lives close by made me my own PERSONAL (I'm not sharing. So forget about it) brownie cake complete with 2 birthday candles (because 24 is divisible by 2, and I think the fire marshall would take issue with me fanning the flames of 24 lit candles with my huffs and puffs), which Harry lit and I blew out before taking a bite.





Of course, the fam (Eatonians and Reynoldsies alike) called and sang their best renditions too, which I completely loved! I heard from friends and pals and felt so cuddled and loved.

Then Harry took me out on the tizz-own. We ate at the most divine Greek restaurant in the peninsula. We had lamb chops, grilled sea bream, zuchinni balls with mint yogurt and cucumber, and vanilla-custard-filled-crispy-phyllo and pistachio ice cream. All I can say is (drooooooooool).

We topped off the evening with Harry Potter 6 (well, half of it-- birthdays are so exhausting).

Birthdays with Harry are so choice. He really is dreamy.

Things I learned concerning birthdays this year:

1) Treat yourself to a lunch of frozen yogurt with your topping of choice and sit in your car listening to a book tape while you eat it. It's birthday heaven.

2) Married birthdays are a lot of fun because you don't have to wait for your date to come pick you up.

3) On your birthday, don't tell the waiter you don't need to see the dessert menu because you're too full, because he'll awkwardly look at your spouse and say, "Oh, uh, well, since it's you're birthday, we're kind of bringing our favorite dessert out anyway." In the words of a wise woman, "Calories don't count on your birthday." Just plan on dessert.

That is all.

2 comments:

Shar said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! My dear you are old! I am so glad that you had a wonderful day. And you deserve to have as many brownie cakes as you want!! Love you!

Aby Runyan said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it was a grand one!

luvs, aby