Thursday, June 3, 2010

Eatons.

Per my Dad's request, “The Godfather” was aired with astounding regularity at my house ever since I was a child. It taught me many important things about life from a young age. Namely, don’t marry a guy who beats you, or your brother will have to reciprocate by beating him to a pulp in the streets while children play in a spouting fire hydrant. Also, if you stick your hand in your jacket pocket just so, your father’s enemies just might not try to get past you because they’ll think you have a gun. And finally, delicately placing a prize-winning horse’s head in one’s bed sheets whilst they sleep is a rather effective way to send a message that snarls, “Don’t mess.”

Eaton family jokes are not limited to “The Godfather.” In the many years that I have been a charter member of this family, jokes have come from just about anything, if the family is feeling punchy enough.

Harry and I are moving to Las Vegas for the summer—did I mention that yet? We couldn’t be more excited! Harry will be interning there this summer. I am hopeful to pursue an internship in Speech Pathology (aka, “Please, let me work here for free and follow you around so I feel like I’m closer to having my dream job! At the very least, I have extensive lunch retrieval experience to recommend me!”). Las Vegas is filled a la brim with so many of our favorite people/memories. It's one of my all time favorite places. I saw “Beatles Love” there. I fell in love there. I got engaged there. I ate my first Winchell’s donut there. What could be better?

So I sent an email to my immediate fam, letting them know that we will now be a whole lot closer to home base all summer long, thus providing us with even more opportunities to get together. I don’t know how this happened, but from that conversation, my Dad and I started discussing a Thanksgiving turkey song I used to sing on camera as a child, and we then decided to form a two-man (eh, two-person ) band. We will be the newest musical sensation to hit the radio waves. Observe.














Yep. Eatons. I don't really get it, either.

2 comments:

Meredith Hayes said...

Or don't date a member of the family because then you might fall in love with them and they leave suddenly for Italy without telling you because they killed the dirty copper and business man who tried to kill your father and then while he's there he's married and widowed (widowered?) and then he comes back and is like, hey you and me, yeah? And you can't say no but your marriage is ultimately doomed because he's a dirty mobber man now.

Unknown said...

Vegas will be so much FUN! Please eat a few Winchell's donuts there for me. No one knows what Winchell's is in TX and Krispy Kremes are definitely not a substitute...also, on a donut note, today is National Donut Day!