Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hana(ahhhhhhhh).

Hana was beautiful. Our hats go off to Harry's brother/sister-in-law and their fantastic kids for letting us crash with them, and for showing us around. I'd never been to Hawaii before this trip, and neither had Harry. It was heaven.

Disclaimer: I'm not particularly jazzed about posting pictures of myself in swimming attire, but I can't just crop myself out of everything, so... be ye warned.



The Four Waterfalls Hike. You can't tell but Harry is touching the waterfall below. I, too chicken to get that close, got this shot of his head peering over the ledge.



On top of Waterfall #3.



Not sure if I should have posted this-- my outfit of pure lycra. How does one find a happy medium between hiking and swimming attire?







View from a random outlook on the Four Waterfalls trail.



This is what we were really going for the whole time-- looking sweaty and super athletic in the middle of a bamboo forest, like you'll find on any episode of "Lost," which we watched endlessly in preparation for this trip.



Just after the Four Waterfalls hike, heading into Kahului to get some grub.



Bob's swan dive.



Dan's 90 degree angle dive.



Obviously the nieces and nephews are far more fearless than I am (embarrassed side glance).





That's my husband. Jumping from a cliff.



Double rainbows after a storm (Remind anyone of a recent youtube video?).



Pipiwai hike. Enormous tree. Photo op.



We were so tempted to climb this.



The waterfall (Waimoku falls) that was too big to fit in one photo.



Feeling the love.

Some most choice moments which are not pictured:

-Playing "rocket launcher" in the pool with the kids
-Wandering around the property picking fresh lilikoi, avocados, papyas, tomatoes, garlic chives, pineapple, etc. And then eating them with the next meal.
-4th of July fireworks (and snuggling with nephew M while I watched which was so much fun and melted my heart!)
-Wai'anapanapa State Park-- hiking and swimming through caves (forgot to charge my camera that day).
-Harry going night spearfishing in shark infested waters with the boys. And yes, I was slightly terrified of him being a midnight snack for a hungry Jaws.
-Staying up late with my sister in law making rice pudding while the boys risked life and limb to catch fresh fish.
-Kicking back and reading on the couch after long hikes.
-Swimming at a deserted black sand beach with my main loving man.
-Shamelessly attempting to boogie board with enormous waves.
-Following Harry off the beaten path of the Pipiwai hike to explore the dense bamboo and then running for our lives back out of it when Harry walked through a humungous and thick spider web.
-Watching "The Secret Garden" and "Pride and Prejudice" with my nieces. They're already well versed in good classic girl movies.

I'd say this was a pretty good 1 year anniversary trip.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

What a good family you come from to let you stay at their all inclusive house resort.

Unknown said...

Looks like an amazing time! Very jealous.