Thursday, February 10, 2011

What do you do when your job ends?

Take a trip, of course.

More specifically, wait two days after your last day of work, and take a trip to where people you love/miss reside, and play for 4 days straight without pausing for breath.

I've been getting better at documenting (though someday I plan to upgrade from taking pictures with my phone to pictures with an actual camera). For any/all who are interested... here was the weekend of love, 2011, Farmingtown, USA.



Driving to Provo with cousin Bec



Figuring how to fill up the car with natural gas
(Uncle R is saving the environment w/ his hot wheels)



Hello, Cam!



Don't know why I felt compelled to take a picture of the cougarettes poster. All that studded patent leather they're wearing... it was just worth a photo.



Fro Yo makes a great mid morning snack.



The BYU candy counter. We got reacquainted. We're old friends.



The only soda fountain in the world that offers Caffeine Free Diet Coke. Oh BYU. I love you.



Carl Bloch Exhibit at Museum of Art w/ cousins Libby and Mary. It was breathtaking.



Imported from Denmark.




Cafe Rio! I contacted all the local peeps I could to come join us for dinner. Thank you to everyone who came!




Salads.




Me gusta Cafe Rio!



We baked bounteous cookies and cupcakes. What we do best. Recipes can be found here, here, and here.



Driving in the car w/ Cam.



Dinner with Cam and gal pal K! Too much fun!



Visiting Cam's apartment. We watched reruns of "Parks and Recreation" and had a blast. His roommate called me "old." I wanted to kick him but realized I left my steel toe boots at home. Dang.



J and A. Blushing newlyweds! They came over for the superbowl.



The men, engrossed.



Trivial pursuit. Serious business with Kyle.



And Bec.



And Uncle R.

Things not pictured:

1) Kyle playing with the remote control helicopter.
2) The wild game of mad libs.
3) Watching all episodes of Masterpiece Theater's "Downton Abbey" (thank you Whit for the link! I will watch it over and over again!)
4) Thrift shopping-- belt, ruffled satin skirt, 2 victorian picture frames= $9.
5) Seeing both Annette and Sophie for the first time in years.
6) Breakfast at Kneaders
7) The notorious trip to Costco (the Saturday before the Superbowl, apparently Costco has the most samples of any day of the year. It. Was. Epic.)


At the end of it all, it was high time that I high tail it home to this man and his fancy new glasses. I now call him Harold B. Lee, and think he should showcase his handsome retro frames as a cast member on the show "Mad Men." Only playing the part of a faithful spouse, of course (something that show is particularly lacking).

8 comments:

Meredith Hayes said...

I'm so depressed I wasn't there -- it looks like PERFECTION!!!!

And I love Harry's haircut and new glasses. High 5.

Jessica said...

I'm dying! Valentine's candy? Hellloooo best time of year at the candy counter. I miss that place way more than a girl should. My pregnant self is salivating. Your trip looked so fun! Now I'm itching for a visit to Utah...

Also, you look amazing. And I totally second that Harry should be the good husband on Mad Men. He'd fit right in.

Julie said...

Oooh I love this post. And the glasses. Way to go, Donald draper. I mean, dick Whitman. I mean, Harry reynolds.

Julie said...

I heart the BYU candy counter. But not the caffine free Diet Coke (sigh).

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

SARAH!! Ok you visited the provo people but excuse me it is HIGH FRICKIN TIME you visited the Irvine people!! Scratch that...it is high time you visited ME!! I miss you girl!! Please please say you will be coming to my baby shower in Irvine on Feb 26th?! We will all be there if you come. Maybe even Kristin! So fun to see everyone! YOU MUST COME LADY!! MUST!!! I love you and miss you!

S.A.R. said...

Mer- High five right back atcha.

Jess- I almost bought some of those marshmallow hearts you used to get! Buuuuut I bought a pound of bridge mix instead. Old habits die hard.

Julie R- I asked Harry if he'd like his nickname to be Dick or Don. He picked Don. Haha.

Julie H- Congrats on the graduation, Mrs. JBH, Esquire!

Meg- I'm praying for cheap airfare! Keep your fingers crossed (and tell baby to do it, too!)

Carrie said...

It was so fun to see you and I'm excited to live close to you and be friends again!