Sunday, April 3, 2011

Testimony.

The Relief Society in my ward is doing something pretty cool. Everyone has been encouraged to handwrite or type up their testimony of the gospel, and submit it so that all the testimonies can be bound together into a book. Everyone will get a hard copy. That way, years down the road, when we're all in different places (we have a very transient ward- many people are only here for a few years for school, internships, etc.), we can look back at this snapshot of our ward, and the powerful testimonies of everyone in Relief Society.

I was typing mine up, and I realized something. I don't share my testimony publicly all that often, because it's something that's very sacred to me and close to my heart. It's hard for me to bring it up casually, or in an "everyday" setting. However, a testimony is made stronger in the bearing of it, so, I'm going to share it here. I have it linked below to the typed PDF that I'm sending in for my ward's Relief Society book.

I know the few people who read this blog are friends and family, who know that I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and many of the things written in this testimony aren't things you've never heard before. Even so, I have learned over and over in my life that it's often other people's testimonies that have strengthened mine, not because they were eloquent or wildly entertaining or remarkably strong, but because they exist, and they were shared.

Also, if you happen to be someone I don't know, or someone who doesn't know what I believe in, and you were curious, here it is.


2 comments:

Julie said...

What a cool idea for RS! thanks for sharing sarah. You rock. Move to Vegas when Harry graduates in a year.

S.A.R. said...

Ha! I love the way you slipped in that little advertisement for Vegas. I miss you guys so much!!