Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fortune cookie

Every once in a while, both of us are too far past exhaustion to cook anything for dinner. Sometimes, we pick up orange chicken from a local Chinese place called Hunan Garden. It's sinfully good.

This happened a few weeks ago, and I headed out to pick it up while Harry stayed back and wrote his three (yes, three) papers.

I think the girl at the register thought all the orange chicken and rice was just for me, because there was but one solitary fortune cookie in our bag (which I discovered when I got home). Fortune cookies hold a special place in my heart. I have very fond memories of making them from scratch with my brother Cam, and they also played a role in how Harry popped the question.

We were only slightly peeved at the one fortune cookie, so we decided to share it.

The fortune we found inside too fitting.

1 comment:

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

HA! You're "sharing your fortune" and will now have good luck. I miss you. A lot. I've been daydreaming about London today and therefore missing all my friends.