Sunday, February 28, 2010

Headbands, remnants of Valentine, & slow dancing

A night or two ago I walked in the door and saw a package from one of my all time favorite people.

I met this girl through her sister (who I also adore with reckless abandon) and have come to think she is the summation of all things darling. And luckily, she married a friend of mine from Irvine, so now she is sealed permanently into my hometown circle with glue of the most super variety.

And the good things don't stop there.

She is an artist (pronounced ar-teeest)! Take a gander at what she made for/sent to me:



Having such a fun and fancy free thing to wear abroad my cranium makes life feel a bit like



You want one on your cranium too? You can get it here.

Were I nominated for an Oscar, I would wear this headband with a fluttery and whimsical gown made of a creamy silk chiffon, and when Ryan Seacrest grabbed me by the arm on the red carpet and said, "Sarah! My you look lovely tonight. Who are you wearing?" I would say, "Oh Ryan, I'm wearing the Sydney Signature Collection. This was designed specifically for me!" To which Ryan would say, "It's so-- it's so stunningly-- beautiful that I... I... I'm speechless." And that would be the last thing he said all night. You're welcome, Oscar viewers.

And then I'd take pictures with this pose all night long.


In other snips of non-related news, Harry left me little one sentence love notes all over the apartment on Valentine's Day ("I love you like a _____ loves _____."). I'm still finding them. In my book, scriptures, the box of dryer sheets, my shoes, everywhere. Today I filled up my mug with an "S" emblazoned on it all the way with scalding hot water before I saw a slip of paper feebly floating inside it bearing the words, "I love you like peanut butter loves jelly" on it. Oh I love that man to bite sized bits.

Merz sent me this today-- a picture from her day of nuptials...

... doing our very best to look like we are serious about slow dancing. Really though. We mean business.

And on an even more unrelated/less related note, it's Sunday night, which means pizza, so...

Peace.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

You look dashing in the headband if I do say so myself!