Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Long Time Coming

For those of you who don't know, I've been working on my latest album for three years now.

I love music, what can I say? I feel compelled, regularly, to pick up a guitar or sit at some keys and let it all out. And for the last 10 years or so, that's lead to a regular compulsion to also record.

I've done four albums in the past.

The first was my introduction (trial by fire, crash, and burn) to recording methods. Good luck finding it :)

After that, I decided to do some homework and read my brother Mac's textbook from his college music recording class, cover to cover. It helped a little.
(Couldn't Remember the Title, but Imagine a Photo Here)

Next came a collaborative effort.

I was in a band in high school called Coto with my brother Dan, my cousin/best friend Joe, and other close friends Troy Lea, Mike Slater, and Aaron Van Wagoner. Bad Rock = Good Times.

Then I did another by myself.

And then another.

You can find a couple of the songs off these here.

Then I made a compilation / Best Of (not included in my count). It's choose your own cover (a la choose your own adventure):



Then I took a songwriting class at BYU. It was fun.

But all this time, I had been hoping to grow up one day and make a real album of real music, like



or


(my namesake)

or



So, I set myself to it, and at long last (5 years since my last original release), I present:



Yes, my recording artist alter-ego is "harry j reynolds". Deal with it.

You can, if you like, listen to samples, or buy it, here.

Blessings forever be upon my wife for putting up with endless hours of

4 comments:

Julie said...

Harry. Your music is at least as good as Miley Cyrus. =)

And Sarah - might as well get used to long hours of Harry working on some project or other. Oh how those Reynolds boys love their side projects! (aka they have ADHD) hehehe.

The Tengelsens said...

To Harry...Sounds great! Where did you record? Did you do all the instrumentation, mixing, mastering, and CD artwork yourself? Do you have a website?

To Sarah...I know how you feel when your boy sits and works on his music for long hours of the night/morning/whenever, but it does make us proud when they have a finished product to show for it doesn't it? Hopefully Dan and Ben will have another one out soon!

Unknown said...

OMyGosh - your new CD sounds just like Miley Cyrus! I love it!

Chelsea Albert said...

You are awesome Harry! I'm having flashbacks of some fabulous rendition of "'You'll be a Woman" for my 16th birthday. I hope that gets included in a "Best of - Covers" album. :)

Nice to meet you Sarah. You are hilarious and darling and therefore perfect for Mr. Harrison. :)