Sunday, March 21, 2010

A quarter century never looked so good.

On this day, twenty and five years afore, in the year of our Lord One thousand nine hundred and eighty-five, a most notable and celebratory thing occurred.

The football-sized version of my very spouse made his planet Earth debut.

I’m pretty glad this happened, and owe my in-laws an exuberant display of gratitude for their genes and parenting.





Just look at that precious face.

He shares his b-day with:

  • Johann Sebastian Bach
  • The 19th Century Queen of Sardinia
  • Mark Williams, a Welsh snooker player (the word snooker caught my eye-- did it catch yours too? It sounds a bit like a word invented to describe Adrien Brody’s nose.)

He also shares his birthday with Rosie O’Donnell… but let’s not hold that against him.

For many reasons, he deserves a 21 gun salute and a personalized banner to be flown over the Las Vegas strip. Reasons like:

1) His dance moves (You might think I’m trying to be “cute” but Harry has serious dance moves. I have believed for some time that one of Lady Gaga’s back up dancers ripped a move off him).

2) His love of sitting on the couch and reading. It’s an inherited family trait. This has become one of our favorite pastimes. Last year when we lived in Provo, I asked what he wanted to do for his birthday. I gave him 2 options: 1) A big party, 2) Dinner and a snuggle reading session on the couch. He chose the reading snuggle.

3) His fearlessness when it comes to cooking. This man makes pasta from flour, eggs, and salt, and cooks it to al dente perfection. He also makes lust-worthy pizza from scritchity scratch every Sunday night. And he makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich. While “The Bachelor” was on, my dinner every time we watched was a Harry Reynolds Original Recipe Grilled Cheese sandwich. Two words: Tobasco Sauce.

4) How genuine he is. It’s actually the first thing I really liked about him. With Harry, there are no hidden agendas, fees, or fine print. He really is that fun. He really is that kind. He really is that attractive. I can’t say enough about how much I love that.

For these and many other reasons, I’m thrilled he’s here, and that he’s 25, and that he’s mine.

Happy birthday to the best husband I could have possibly imagined (and I have a good imagination).

From: Wifey

5 comments:

Mags said...

Heart u Sarbear. You are the exact lil lady I pictured for Hal. And I do mean exact. There are no others that could have held a flame to you. Give that bday boy big fat kisses from Lottie and me. Cant wait to see you both:)

Sarah said...

Thanks Maggie! We heart/miss you and Lottie big time. :)

Julie said...

Gettin' old, Harry!

So happy you two are you two. If that makes sense.

Happy (belated) birthday!

Aby Runyan said...

I'd have to agree, Harry really IS that nice. He's always been at the top of my list of the nicest of the nice people around - and I think I speak for all my siblings too when I say that.

Happy Birthday Harry!

luvs, aby

Meredith Hayes said...

3 cheers for Harry! I'm a believer.