Sunday, September 27, 2009

Domesticity Part I

We are conoisseurs of food made from scratch. Ingredients that haven't been tampered with too much often come together to make something that is more than the sum of it's parts.

If I may quote Virginia Woolfe, "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." That's my excuse for eating good food, anyway.


We've done Apple Pudding Cake (in the kitchen of my apartment from 2 years ago that felt like it had been built during either of the Roosevelt administrations)


We've tried salsa (in the kitchen of Harry's apartment that was built possibly even before that apartment of mine, but was way cooler. I mean, giant jacuzzi bathtub? What?)


and tried apple pie

and Chocolate-Banana ice cream (apparently, it made us smile with our chins sticking out).


And we cannot forget the age-old Reynolds tradition of homemade pizza


Today was the day for Banana Cream pie



I was going to take a picture of us eating it, but it was so euphoric that I forgot, and it's all a blur to me now.

Stay tuned, because I think Buffalo Hot Wings may be coming soon (we even bought a deep fryer for the occasion).

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I just gave a friend the apple pudding cake recipe (even though I haven't tried it yet!) and swore to her that it would be delicious because it came from Sarah Eaton Reynolds. But mmm...that banana cream pie looks like it's to die for.

Meredith said...

You two look so cute in your early dating/cooking days!

What're ya gonna make me at Christmas??

Alisha said...

I see you made a banana cream pie. May i suggest Emeril's recipe. His is the bomb diggity.

Julie said...

Yum!! That banan cream pie reminds me of London... I remember that was one of my FAVORITE deserts (a close second to chocolate cake...)