Saturday, September 5, 2009

Best job ever

On Monday morning at 7:15 am, I received a phone call from the temp agency I just interviewed with, and it went something like this:

Agency Man: Hey Sarah, would you be interested in working this week? Starting this morning?
Sarah: (trying to sound coherent) Buh, yeah!
Agency Man: Okay great. Well, they need you this morning. Pretty much immediately.
Sarah: Uh, okay.

And with that I got the address, scrambled to get ready and headed out the door, prepared to adapt to whatever phone greeting they wanted me to use/whether they liked their copies collated/ how to deal with their fax machine/ usual temp stuff.

I got there. There wasn't anything for me to do. So for 5 days (44 working hours), I read


for the first time ever. It was on Google Books and it was delightful! One I can picture myself reading again one day. And when that was done, I even dabbled in


for the first time. It's good... but I think this one's calling my name


Now I just need to find someone to pay me while I sit and read it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That's awesome. If you liked Enders' Game you should try Ender's Shadow. I liked it a lot.

Brie and Jeff said...

sweet hook up!

Steph said...

you should totally consider signing up to be a substitute teacher in a jr high. all you do is take roll, turn on the movie/pass out the worksheets, and read. it is awesome.

i love getting paid to read.

S.A.R. said...

i must say, it is the best. i'll baby sit junior high kids if it means i get to snuggle up to a good book.