Monday, September 28, 2009

Domesticity Part II

Fall is my favorite season and always has been. It's sandwiched between a sizzling summer and a cozy Christmas. Between September 22nd and October 31st the world is a pleasant spectrum of all the best earth tones. And I shamelessly obsess over all of the following:

crunchy leaves
Halloween
"The Nightmare Before Christmas"
crisp, but not chilly, breezes
my boots!
turtlenecks
"fall medley" (my Aunt Kathryn's ingenious mixture of candy corn and peanuts. Amazing.)
cranberries/pears/oranges
scarves
pumpkin ______ (fill in the blank with bread/cookies/soup/pie/pancakes/ice cream/yogurt)

I wanted to do something to make our apartment feel Autumn-ish. So I bought some eucalyptus branches (thank you grocery store, it smells so Autumny in here!) and I decided to reenact something I saw on one of the many blogs I stalk.

I learned how to make this during my breaks at work (thank you, internet/printer paper/camera phone)


(which has actually led to an origami obsession. I will have my hands very busy during
General Conference)
and combined it with our eucalyptus branches (and an abandoned-coffee-tin-from-work-turned-into-a-vase) to create


on our entryway table.

Now I just need some pumpkin ______ and I'm set.

6 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

It's not stalking if you are RELATED to the person!

Mags said...

loving the ticking timebomb and the paperfoldingintofunprettythings and esp loving the "nightmareb4xmas" ref. my fave movie of all time. i can out sing anyone......whats this whats this theres magic everywhere.... hope all is great with my 2 fave family members:)

Meredith said...

yes yes and yes!

oh i miss you.

methinks i have found your pumpkinousity. is there a trader joe's nearby? if so make haste and make merry, and go ye there. they sell pumpkin pancake mix for $2.99 and it makes about a million pancakes. sometimes people get this 'tude like trader joe's is all expensive, but in reality they have some GREAT DEALS and it can be the sneaky albertson's et al that fall needlessly pricey.

i shall eat some fall mix and think of you.

Elizabeth Jex said...

Oh Sarah, indeed. I'm right there with you regarding all of fallish your thoughts... except for oragami. Haven't gotten into that one lately. But hey, it's a worthy pursuit. No question there.
I needed a smile and this post gave me one.

PS--Did an amazing photographer who is dying for a bounce flash snap that adorable picture of you and your man on your header???? Wowee. Looks so cute!

Tiffany said...

Hello my love! You are so cute and crafty! Look at you! I miss you.

Margaret said...

Austin makes me get fall medley prepared in September every year and we just finished our first batch. I think we will be going through a lot of batches.
Serisouly, nothing kicks in my nesting instinct and the joys of cuddling at home more than fall.